Training and Support
Bounce Back Surfaces has extensive experience in training and installing a variety of surfacing products. Our team offers classroom training, on-site training and technical information to help each of our customers become successful in the safety surfacing industry.
If you are new to the industry or looking for a technical edge to help in your selling or installation techniques please contact us to learn more. Our team is here to help you succeed.
Understanding how to install high-quality products is what makes your team successful in using them to the highest standard. Here’s a summary of how we equip our clients:
Classroom Training: 1-2 Days
History of the Industry- Understanding key facets of the industry and important advancements chronologically.
Product Information- Comprehensive information discussing each material we provide. Why these materials are effective to understand how to use them effectively.
Applications- Residential and commercial applications for our products.
Preparation- Proper techniques for site preparation on each surface and install.
Installation Techniques- Step by step information on the installation methods used. Opportunities to manually practice a variety of techniques.
Trouble Shooting- Common issues encountered on installations and solutions to them.
Quoting- Learn how to quote effectively. Working through a variety of common examples and templates.
Materials List- Working through each material at your disposal. Useful to give direction on market assessment and advertising.
On-Site Training: Variable
Pre-Application Communication: Assistance in ordering material, confirmation on-site preparation and installation preparation. Timing and specifications. Meeting the team; understanding job allocations and summarizing the project.
Job Training: Working with your team to learn each facet of the installation process.
- Site set up- Helping the crew set up the site to begin the process.
- Mixing Techniques- Teaching the proper methods to mix material. Mixing tools will be discussed prior to installation.
- Crew Organization- Working with your team to help assist them in efficiently managing the site.
- Customer Communication- How to walk through the installation process with the customer.
- Troweling and Finishing Techniques- Laying down material and proper methods to ensure the proper bond and integrity of the product.
- Finished Product Expectations- Ensuring your project is installed to industry standard.